WHO WE ARE
Kitchener Housing Inc.
is a non-profit organization committed to developing and managing innovative and affordable housing in an environment that encourages personal and community growth!
Information such as policies, tenant handbook and frequently-asked questions can be found on the tenants page.
You can refer to this page for maintenance requests or use the tenant drop-down menu.
The Region of Waterloo has passed a face-covering by-law that will take effect as of July 13, 2020. This by-law will require the wearing of masks in all enclosed public places. For more information please visit their website here .
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, the health and safety of our residents remain our top priority. Our office will remain closed.
As the province moves through Phase 2 and Phase 3 of reopening, we will be making some changes to better serve you:
- We are reinstating all work order requests. Technicians and vendors will be equipped with proper protective equipment and we ask that you practice social distancing while they are in your home. If you have a maintenance request please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519.744.6655 Ext 8202.
- Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns. This email is monitored daily and you will receive a response within 24 Hours.
- We ask that you continue to follow government guidelines by wearing a mask and continuing to practice social distancing.
The Government of Ontario has provided various income supports for residents in need during this time. Please visit https://www.ontario.ca/page/government-ontario or call 1-888-444-3770 for the most up-to-date information.
If you need to submit paperwork for rent calculations, or any other purpose, we will be accepting documents in the following methods:
- Email scanned documents to KHIHelp@kitchener.ca
- Fax documents to 519.744.9365
- Drop off copies of documents through the mail slot next to the front door at 11 Weber Street West, Kitchener
- Mailing documents to 11 Weber Street West, Kitchener ON N2H 3Y9
Please stay safe and continue to follow regulations put out by the Government of Canada Public Health Department.
To reach any staff or department please call 519.744.6655
In the event of an emergency please call 519.749.3813
Spring Summer Newsletter 2020
Canada Learning Bond (CLB)
Are you missing out? 16,000 kids in Waterloo Region have received free money for education savings through the Canada Learning Bond.
Help to reduce your hydro bill
Did you know, if you have a lower income, you may qualify for a
reduction on your hydro bill.
To learn more visit online: www.OntarioElectricitySupport.ca
If you have questions or need help applying for the program, you
can contact the OESP Contact Centre in the following ways:
• Call 1-855-831-8151 (toll free within Ontario)
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Use the Bell Relay service at 1-800-855-1155 (TTY to TTY)
The OESP Contact Centre is open Monday to Friday, from 8 a.m.
to 9 p.m. ET.COVID-19 Public Health Ontario Fact Sheet – May 11,2020